Tern HSD S8i
The Tern HSD S8i folding electric bike is mighty but mini. It’s easy to handle, easy to share, extremely comfortable to ride and carries a whole lot of cargo. All of this in a compact design that’s shorter than a standard bicycle.
Whether you’re riding, storing, or moving it around, the Tern HSD is a breeze to handle.
Why do we love this bike?
- Compact & shorter than a standard bike
- Easy handling with smooth & stable ride
- Can carry up to one child
- Flat fold, making it easy to transport
- Uni-size – adjusts to fit multiple riders
- Convenient vertical parking to save space
- Puncture-resistant tires
- Added security with frame lock
- Added safety features, such as on-board lighting
This fun and useful everyday e-bike comes with FREE 30 days e-bike insurance and a FREE 3-months check-up service
The HSD S8i model features:
- Bosch® Active Line Plus motor with Purion display
- 400 Wh battery for a range of up to 110 km (69 mi)
- Custom Suntour suspension fork
- Shimano® Nexus 8 internal-gear hub
- Magura® MT4 hydraulic disc brakes
- Gates Carbon Drive® CDX belt
- Abus® keyed-alike frame lock
- Fits riders from 150 to 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Fits one Thule® Yepp Maxi, Yepp Nexxt Maxi, or Bobike® GO Maxi child seat—no adapters needed
Fifteen seconds and the HSD transforms into a flat package that's perfect for fitting into SUVs, station wagons, or bus storage compartments. Despite its diminutive stature, the HSD is a mid-sized cargo bike with some serious hauling capacity. With a maximum gross vehicle weight of 170 kg (374 lb) and an XL-sized Atlas H Rack, it'll carry a week's worth of groceries or camping equipment for the weekend. It even has a dedicated trailer mount, so adding extra cargo is a cinch.
The best things in life are meant to be shared, and the HSD is one of them. The HSD resizes in seconds to fit riders from 150 to 195 cm (4'11" to 6'5") so everybody in the family—from teens to grandparents—can enjoy the ride. The Easy-Step frame design is nice and low for easy mounts and dismounts.
Bring the kiddos. The HSD's extra-long Atlas H Rack gives plenty of heel clearance and room for your kiddo to enjoy the view rather than being smushed up against your back. The rack is rated to 60 kg (132 lb), so when paired with the upcoming Passenger Kit, the HSD is ready for your growing family.
Vertical parking: The HSD flips up for convenient vertical parking. Take it upstairs in an elevator and park it inside at home or at work—it needs just a wee bit of floor space.
Lime green, Matte Black, Red