Tern HSD P9
No interest. No account fees. No late fees.
The Tern HSD P9 folding electric bike is mighty but mini. It’s easy to handle, easy to share, extremely comfortable to ride and carries a whole lot of cargo. All of this in a compact design that’s shorter than a standard bicycle.
Whether you’re riding, storing, or moving it around, the Tern HSD is a breeze to handle.
Why do we love this bike?
- Compact & shorter than a standard bike
- Easy handling with smooth & stable ride
- Can carry up to one child
- Flat fold, making it easy to transport
- Uni-size – adjusts to fit multiple riders
- Convenient vertical parking to save space
- Puncture-resistant tires
- Added security with frame lock
- Added safety features, such as on-board lighting
This fun and useful everyday e-bike comes with FREE 30 days e-bike insurance and a FREE 3-months check-up service
The HSD P9 model features:
- Bosch® Active Line Plus motor with Purion display
- 400 Wh battery for a range of up to 110 km (69 mi)
- Custom Suntour suspension fork
- 9-speed Shimano® Alivio Shadow RD derailleur
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes
- Abus® keyed-alike frame lock
- Fits riders from 150 to 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Fits one Thule® Yepp Maxi, Yepp Nexxt Maxi, or Bobike® GO Maxi child seat—no adapters needed
Fifteen seconds and the HSD transforms into a flat package that's perfect for fitting into SUVs, station wagons, or bus storage compartments. Despite its diminutive stature, the HSD is a mid-sized cargo bike with some serious hauling capacity. With a maximum gross vehicle weight of 170 kg (374 lb) and an XL-sized Atlas H Rack, it'll carry a week's worth of groceries or camping equipment for the weekend. It even has a dedicated trailer mount, so adding extra cargo is a cinch.
The best things in life are meant to be shared, and the HSD is one of them. The HSD resizes in seconds to fit riders from 150 to 195 cm (4'11" to 6'5") so everybody in the family—from teens to grandparents—can enjoy the ride. The Easy-Step frame design is nice and low for easy mounts and dismounts.
Bring the kiddos. The HSD's extra-long Atlas H Rack gives plenty of heel clearance and room for your kiddo to enjoy the view rather than being smushed up against your back. The rack is rated to 60 kg (132 lb), so when paired with the upcoming Passenger Kit, the HSD is ready for your growing family.
Vertical parking: The HSD flips up for convenient vertical parking. Take it upstairs in an elevator and park it inside at home or at work—it needs just a wee bit of floor space.
Red, Dune, Blue, Lime
*Note: These are our standard model specifications. The bike’s weight and folded dimension may not include racks and fenders. The specifications for your country may differ slightly. We do our best to ensure that the specifications listed here accurately reflect the exact parts found on our production bikes. However, component changes do occur for various reasons and there may be brief delays on site updates. We reserve the right to make component changes without prior notification, which may cause discrepancies with the information listed on the web.