Tern Bicycles GSD
The Tern GSD S00 folding electric bike is enormously useful and surprisingly small. The GSD is designed to carry two kids, a week’s worth of groceries, or 180 kg of cargo, but it’s only 180 cm long – the same length as a standard bike.
With Tern’s best-in-class folding technology, it packs down small enough to fit in a VW Touran or an urban apartment. Plus, it adjusts to fit riders from 150 – 195 cm – so mom, dad and the kids can all share it. Despite its city-bike footprint, the GSD boasts cargo-bike capacity, with a maximum gross vehicle weight of 200 kg (440 lb). The GSD folding electric bike uses a Bosch motor and battery.
Why do we love this bike?
- Huge carrying capacity for it’s size
- Up to 2 children as passengers
- Range of up to 200 km with fully charged battery
- Bosch motor & re-chargable battery
- Uni-size – adjusts to fit multiple riders
- Easy to fold & transport
- Stable & steady
- Compact & easy to store
The GSD S00 model features:
- Bosch® Performance Line CX motor
- Bosch dual-battery system (500/1000 Wh) for a range of up to 200 km
- Heavy-duty Enviolo® cargo groupset
- Integrated Abus® wheel lock, keyed alike with the battery
- Magura® MT5 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Custom 62 mm Schwalbe® Super Moto-X tires with puncture protection
- Cargo Hold Panniers and frame-integrated rack
- Boost thru-axle hubs
- Andros stem for handlebar height and reach adjustments
- Fits two Thule Yepp Maxi child seats, or one Thule Yepp Nexxt Maxi seat—no adapters needed
Despite everything it can haul, the Tern GSD is actually the same length as a regular bike, so it fits anywhere a standard bike can. But there are lots of places a standard bike doesn’t fit. That’s why Tern designed it to pack down to 1/3rd its volume in only 10 seconds. That means you can store your utility bike in your urban apartment, fit it in the elevator, or stash it in a train for weekend getaways.
The GSD can carry the family. With room for up to two Thule Yepp Maxi child seats, plus grocery space to spare, the GSD lets you ditch the minivan. The low step-thru frame makes getting on and off much safer, and with an extra low center of gravity, the GSD is stable and steady.
Minivans don’t come in S, M, L & XL to fit the driver, so why do bicycles? The GSD is designed to be shared by a family. It adjusts to fit mom, dad or the kids—any rider from 150 – 195 cm. Best of all, thanks to Tern’s adjustable stem, and compact geometry, adjusting the bike only takes seconds.
The GSD is one of the few bikes equipped with Bosch’s latest Dual-Battery technology. You can connect up to two batteries for a range of over 250km. Tour from dusk to dawn, or commute for weeks on a single charge.