HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE FOR A WINTERY RIDE WITH YOUR DUTCH CARGO BIKE
It can get chilly, and very comfortable inside. How to get your tribe outdoors? A ride in the Cargo Bike is usually an instant hit. But if you add a nice hot chocolate in the deal, they’ll be outside in now time and will hop in the trike, or bike without troubles!
What you need for your cargo hot choc:
- 4 cups (1L) milk, cow, soy, almond or any milk you prefer!
- 75g milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 50g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Simmer the milk.; Add the milk, cacao powder and maple syrup to a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer and whisk together until there’s no clumps.
- Add the chocolate; Add the finely chopped chocolate and stir for 3-5 minutes, or until the chocolate is fully melted and combined.
- Serve; Pour into your favorite thermos and hop in the cargo bike for a winter adventure!
Hot choc with a twist, try one of these;
- Classic: Top it off with marshmallows (there are vegan available on the market) and a sprinkle of cacao powder
- Peppermint: Add one drop of peppermint extract into each cup
- Salted Caramel: Dollop whipped cream (or coconut whipped cream) and drizzle salted caramel sauce over it
- Mexican Hot Chocolate: Stir in cinnamon and a pinch of chili and serve with a cinnamon stick
- Ginger cookie: 1/4 tsp ground ginger, pinch of mixed spice
Store it in a thermos, there are many available, even as a sippy cup!
Why using a stainless steel thermos?
- Buying a good quality reusable item saves resources and waste going to landfill.
- Stainless steel is 100% recyclable at the end of its useful life.