That you can do for free this spring!
It can be very difficult to come up with fun family-friendly activities to do during these school holidays. Especially activities that are for free! That is why we have made a list of our top 10 fun activities that you can do with your family and without your wallet.
Top 10 fun family-friendly activities:
- Go for a bike ride! We have found a list of the best family friendly bike trails in Melbourne. Click here to check it out. Not in VIC? Visit the Bicycle Network website for more routes.
- Have a picnic! This has to be in line with the COVID-19 guidelines, but you can always exchange a park or the beach for your own backyard.
- Discover new playgrounds or parks! Nothing is more fun than discovering new things. Just hop on a (cargo) bike, and see where the day takes you.
- Go Geocaching! If you have not heard of geocaching, it is basically treasure hunting with your family. For more information click here.
- Paint some rocks and drop them! Maybe you did not know this yet, but there are Facebook groups out there that do exactly this. People paint rocks, hide them somewhere, and when someone else finds a rock, it is shared here.
- Do one random act of kindness! Clean up the park, give a stranger a compliment using signs you made, or send someone you love a homemade care package. For more inspiration we suggest looking on this website.
- Collect stuff for arts and crafts! Take your kids outside and ask them to find materials for their arts and crafts box, such as sticks, rocks, shells, leaves, and many more.
- Paint the sky! Take some art supplies outside, look up, and what do you see? Trees and clouds? Or do the clouds change into boats, dogs, or something else? Let everybody be as creative as possible.
- Start a family exercise routine! Whether it is playing footy or cycling, exercising is important. And by making it a family activity it becomes even more fun.
- Play “I spy”! This classic game could not be left out. But did you know, that kids love playing this game while they sit in a cargo bike? We can help you find the best cargo bike for your family needs.
If you know any more fun family-friendly activities to do, feel free to leave a comment to inspire others.