WHY SHOULD I RIDE A WORKCYCLES FR8?
- Amazingly versatile modular bike
- Adaptive Seat Tube design
- Fits nearly everybody (for riders from about 160 cm to 205 cm tall)
- Has a cross frame option for the taller/heavier riders
- Great for commuting
- It carrying a child, rentals, or even fleet use for industry.
- Very tough, low maintenance bike
- Its short wheelbase, low center of gravity, relatively light weight and fat tires make it both maneuverable and confidence inspiring
- Just plain old fun to ride!
I have several bikes for different purposes; this one is used by me and my daughter for grocery shopping, going to the park, school drop off and pick-up. My aim is to reduce our car use more and more; this bike has helped me with achieving some of that reduction. My daughter would rather ride than drive – she sees more birds and senses the weather.
I made a crate for the back and a little seat for my daughter on the front, it’s pretty sorted now.
I am impressed with the handling. I was worried that it would be wobbly or difficult to steer. It is very settled, direct and able. It’s just easy! I can ride one handed with a load, at low speed, without any issue. If you lean into it, it corners really well too 😉
I think it is very versatile. I really wanted a bakfiets first, but in the end, my daughter was getting bigger, they take up more space, and I couldn’t justify it. This is very versatile, achieves a lot of what a box bike would have, and takes up less space.
- Colours available:
- Frame: Designed and hand built in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Bike Dimensions: 2.00 x 1.2 x 0.60
- Platform Dimensions: front rack
- Load Capacity: 100kg plus rider
- Drive Train: Shimano Nexus Premium 8-speed or Nuvinci
- Motor: Optional available mid 2015
- Lights: Standard front and rear powered by dynamo hub
- Rear Rack: Standard extra long and strong
- Brakes: Shimano IM81 Rollerbrakes
- Warranty: 10 Years on the frame and 1 Year on the components
Extra long rear rack