WHY SHOULD I RIDE A CARGO NODE?
- Full sized cargo bike that folds to fit tight spaces like car trunks and elevators
- Versatile, all-weather CarryAll™ bags with 35 L / 22 kg capacity per side
- Optimized to fit up to two children with the Yepp Maxi Easyfit seat and adapter (see here)
- Andros™ handlebar stem for tool-free riding position adjustments—on the fly
- Electricity-generating hub powers the wide-beam 41 lux Valo™ 2 front light
- Full-size tire pump hidden inside the seatpost—so you never leave it behind
- Promax hydraulic disc brakes for stopping a cargo bike’s worth of gear
- Xtracycle Kickback™ bipod kickstand for stability when stationary
- 160 kg total cargo capacity including a rider of up to 115 kg
The Cargo Node is a full-size cargo bike which folds down to 1/3 of its size in 10 seconds. It has 160 kg (350 lb) total cargo capacity including the rider, versatile, all-weather CarryAll™ bags with 35 L / 22 kg capacity per side, Xtracycle Kickback™ bipod kickstand, Promax hydraulic disc brakes, 41 lux Valo™ 2 hub-powered front light, adjustable Andros™ handlebar stem, an extra-strong chromoly fork, 24″ wheels with Schwalbe Big Apple tires, and a full-size tire pump hidden inside the seatpost.
If you just want the quick notes, here it is: this thing is amazing. The Cargo Node has no learning curve whatsoever on riding or balancing it, unloaded it rides just like a normal upright bicycle, and fully loaded it remains smooth and easy to pedal. A 2×8 transmission gives you more than enough options to haul a heavy load up a hill, and gain your speed back with a high gear on the downhill. The 24″ wheels make hauling stacked loads much easier with the low center of gravity, and the bike comes off the shelf with puncture resistant Schwalbe Big Apple tires, a much appreciated detail for riders tackling bumpy city streets with weight on the back.
It folds very easily – as advertised, in under 10 seconds. When folded down it fits in an elevator, in the corner of your living room, basically anywhere you can fit a normal bicycle. It’s also light enough to lift, so while I wouldn’t say you can carry it up 3 flights of stairs every day, you can definitely carry it up a few steps on the way into the office. At one point I even hung it up on a bike hook in an over-crowded bike room. This is a total game changer for urban commuters who want the benefits of a cargo bike without the hassle of trying to figure out how to store it.
ll the bells and whistles. Fenders, a double kickstand, a hub-dynamo powered front light, even the seatpost doubles as a floor pump. This bike was incredibly thoughtfully designed and it shows in the details.
This bike is the long-awaited solution for people who need (or really, really want) a cargo bike but don’t have the space to store it. It’s also an amazing “community cargo bike” since it’s so easy to ride and adaptable to different rider sizes. The price point is very reasonable for the quality, and you won’t find yourself needing to purchase a variety of unexpected “extras” to get what you need out of it. It’s a great choice for couples who want to share a cargo bike, and anyone who lives in tighter quarters but still wants the benefits of a cargo bike.
- Colours available:
- Bike Dimensions:
- Platform Dimensions:
- Load Capacity:
- Drive Train:
- Rear Rack:
Yepp seats and attachments
Bionix E kit conversion