WHY SHOULD I RIDE A DOUZE FAMILY F1?
- Very comfortable, yet stiff and fast
- Fits two children side by side in the box with ease
- Step Through Frame, easy handling for all riders
- Suitable for small riders due to adjustment range saddle height
- High quality components and disc brakes
- Three front end lengths: 40-60-80cm
- 75 degree steering, smallest turning circle on the market
- Tough construction of steel rear and alloy front frame
- Quick and simple to split in 2 parts (125cm x 2) so you can store it or take it with you on your vacation for example
- Faster & more comfortable with Schwalbe Big Apple tyres
Tammy - VIC
I have had the Douze now for a month and I can happily say what an absolute joy it has been.
Not only to my dog and I but also to the locals. A bike that can bring daily smiles to the rider, it’s companion & onlookers should be revered.
A trip to the supermarket, the beach or just a ride about town (or the next few towns) is easy in every way. Plenty of cargo space for goodies brought or bought, whether or not there is a dog on board!
I can’t talk about the specs and all the technical jargon that goes with such a beautifully made bike, because I don’t really dabble in that stuff – what I can tell you though, it is a dream to ride, light and maneuverable, the gears are super easy to use, it’s cruisey comfortable and looks amazing. No lycra required, its’ kind of a ‘Sunday’ bike for every day of the year. Makes you feel like you are on holidays and life is good!
I am petite in frame and I have no problems getting the Douze to go wherever I please or to park it for that matter. It has a superior stand that keeps this bike rock solid. No child, dog or adult can tip it over once it is resting safely on its’ stand. It also comes with extra options, one being the bucket and bucket frame which you can see in the photos. I highly recommend this to get the best value from your bike. You will be surprised as to how much you take with you when you head out and about and have an easy option to transport it. I can put a full week or two of groceries for my husband and I in this bucket and happily ride home. Beach towels, handbags, flowers, packages to the post office, dry cleaning – you name it. I love using it for these small trips about town that I would once have done in a car. I don’t have children but regardless all kids love it, they see it parked at the shops or the beach and try and clamber onboard. It’s a magnet for good times! It attracts attention wherever you go. People want to stop and chat, pat the dog and guaranteed they always leave smiling!
It has changed my lifestyle for the better, I ride now so am healthier (and happier). I have a road bike in my garage (collecting dust) which hasn’t seen as many kilometers as the Douze. I have owned the road bike for 5 years! I never once woke up thinking about where I could ride, but the Douze makes me do this, with a skip in my step!
Last but not least – Is there a downside to the Douze?
Yes, two in fact.
The first, my dog hates walking anywhere now. She runs to the Douze wanting to be ridden to the dog park instead of walking. She has the whole ‘look at me’ wind in the face thing going on!
The second, my Audi TT stays garaged most days. The Douze has truly won me over.
- Colours available:
- Frame: French design, frame (steel/alloy) hand built in Taiwan
- Frame style: Traveler
- Bike Dimensions: 243cm long
- Front Frame Dimensions: 600 or 800mm
- Load Capacity: 200kg including the rider
- Drive Train: Alfine 8-speed, Alfine 11-speed
- Motor: Optional, Bafang 8FUN
- Lights: Rydon or Exposure lights suggested
- Rear Rack: Optional
- Brakes: Tektro Hydraulic disc brake Gemini HD-M520 d. 160/160
- Warranty: 5 Years on the frame and 2 Year on the components
Child-seat package included
Full canopy is optional
Bafang 8FUN mid motor system with gear sensor is optional