Douze Cycles has designed the next generation of cargo-bikes …. very light, tiny turning cycle, comfortable, superior riding characteristics, modular, flexible to move around and transport virtually anything.
This bike is suitable for all people needing a bike to carry more, young families and businesses alike.
You can choose from a Step Over Frame (called the Messenger) or a Step Through Frame (called the Traveler) and three different sizes front loading area (400-600-800mm).
In addition Douze Cycles has an extra large rear frame – the Big Boy – for tall people. Douze Cycles has a wide range of gearing options including Rohloff Speedhub and Nuvinci N360.
Douze Cycles is the first manufacturer to sell cargo-bikes with cable steering. The advantages compared to standard cargo-bike steering systems (rod and ball points) are undeniable:
- Exceptional maneuverability! a front wheel capable of turning 75° to the right or to the left will allow you to easily manoeuvre your Douze and make u-turns in tight places
- Our steering cable allows deep and sharp turns without the danger of the rider toppling over.
- The ad-hoc sheathed cable that we have designed is capable of working under extreme weather conditions.
Douze Cycles innovative quick-release system allows you to separate the front- from the back-frame in less than 5 minutes…
It is a unique selling point and advantage for several reasons :
- Transportation – you can transport your Douze in the trunk of your car or on a bike rack behind it
- Storage – separated into two parts, your Douze is easier to store when not used on a daily basis
- Evolutivity & modularity – if your needs change, you can change the frame ! Your short frame, for instance, can be replaced with a long frame in a couple of minutes.
Et Voila – the Douze Cycles CargoBike was born.
We can install in our workshop various electric assist systems to make your ride even better. We work with Bafang mid drive and other systems.
This is the future of Cargo Biking .. available today! Browse the category Douze Cycles and let us know how we can help select your dream bike!